About This Project
Seville Airport is one of the main airports in Spain, with more than 6 million passengers per year, 58,000 flight operations and 12,500 tons of cargo. Located 10 kilometers from Seville, it has been operating since 1945 although its facilities underwent a major modernization before the 1992 Universal Exposition.
The terminal, designed by the international architect Rafael Moneo, is inspired by Sevillian culture and traditional Andalusian architecture. The hall is like an orange grove and the main room is painted in blue by the effect of glass roofing tiles with a series of arches supported by vaults.
In recent decades, the Seville airport has remained at the forefront of the Spanish aeronautical system with constant updates. In one of its last remodeling, the public address and voice alarm (PA/VA) system has been improved, with equipment certified according to the international standard EN 54 and manufactured by LDA Audio Tech.
In order to fully understand the needs of the site, a preliminary acoustic study was carried out by measuring the sound pressure level (SPL) and intelligibility (STI). After the installation, another study was done to verify and make the adjustments for the electroacoustic system to meet all the requirements about the above-mentioned parameters.
Thus, it was possible to know the main points to improve and the areas of special interest for the installation, supplying them with the latest equipment to get the best response from the public address system in any type of acoustic situation.
At Seville Airport, the following have been installed:
- Fully redundant main controller, with 2 NEO-8060 units certified according to the EN 54-16 international standard and backup amplifiers.
- NEO Extension equipment: 4 units NEO-8250E, 4 units NEO-4500E and 2 units NEO-4250E, all of them certified according to EN 54-16.
- SIME Control system, a software platform that allows the configuration and centralized management of installed PA/VA systems, from volume to emergency functions.
- SIME Backup function, that allows to work in a redundant server totally synchronized with the main server, ensuring the service in case of a problem with the network –in this scenario, the backup system would take control.
- SIME modules for automatic gain control (AGC), text-to-speech (TTS) and integration with the airport’s automatic messaging system (SAMA).
- 22 digital matrices ZES-22 with ACSI BUS adapters ZES-22ACSI.
- 8 batteries EQ-2141994 and 4 chargers EQ-241977.
- 2 rack cabinets RACK-42ALT for mounting the equipment.
- Microphone sources (30 microphones A-1, 3 microphones MCA-8N and 14 microphonic probes) for boarding gates, check-in counters and information centres messages.
- End of line devices TFL-2.
- Column, ceiling and surface speakers to meet all the acoustic needs of the airport:
- 133 ceiling coaxial 2-way speakers model SC-95TN, EN 54-24 certified.
- 69 column speakers model CI-825TN, EN 54-24 certified.
- 15 bidirectional cylindrical anti-vandal projectors model PCM-220TN, EN 54-24 certified.
- 14 cylindrical anti-vandal projectors model PCM-20TN, EN 54-24 certified.
- 12 surface speakers model DS-60TN, EN 54-24 certified.
This EN 54 certified public address and voice evacuation system designed by LDA for Seville Airport allows the use of up to 64 audio channels simultaneously and unlimited audio sources, and integrates with remote evacuation panel that facilitates phase evacuation in all the enclosure.
The equipment installed is complemented by a start-up, configuration and training service to the specialized personnel of AENA who will be responsible for operating the system at the airport. The LDA Engineering and Support team has extensive experience in this kind of complex environments, which is an extra guarantee for an optimal performance.